The following is a completely normal cycle of feels after the announcement that Miley Cyrus is hosting the VMAs.
1. At first you may feel like this…because it makes everything feel so contrived. Last year’s scandal is this year’s host?! Of course it is.
2. and then you may feel like this…because this isn’t the first time MTV has let you down…and you keep holding out hope, that one day it will comeback to you and be that awesome network you remember, like a long lost love.
3. and then you may feel like you have to settle because you’re used to handling disappointment.
4. and then you realize, WHY DO WE CARE?! IT’S A FREE COUNTRY. WE DON’T HAVE TO WATCH IT.
5. and either The VMAs will reach a new low OR maybe, just maybe, she will keep her tongue in her mouth long enough to say something that will actually make you kind of like her…
We will find out Aug 30th, 9PM. In the meantime, check out the nominees.