Time flies when you’re having fun, and this decade is roaring by fast! Can you believe that we’re already halfway through the 2010’s? Well, we are. And it seems like only yesterday that Kesha’s “Tic Toc” was the #1 song on Slacker as we moved out of the “Aughts” (which is what proper English-speakers call the first decade of a century).
So much has changed–Kesha, for example, no longer uses a dollar sign to spell her name—and so much great music happened. With this in mind, we have dug into our EQ data to come up with a new station: The 100 Top Songs of the Decade (So Far). We’ve collected your skips, bans and shares to create a countdown the songs that Slacker listeners love the most. It’s a great list, spanning multiple genres…but what’s the #1 song? We’re not telling. But here some interesting things that we noticed:
- Although Taylor Swift is the biggest deal in the world, two artists have more songs on the countdown. One is a guy and one is a gal…who could they be?
- Beyoncé only placed one song on the entire countdown, while another pop starlet scored five!
- Female artists out-number the guys, 41 to 35 (the remaining 24 songs are from bands).
- The entire top 10 consists of songs from solo artists, 5 male and 5 female.
- There are more songs from 2014 than any other year.
- The highest ranking Hip Hop song (#11) was released a mere month ago.
- If you thought that Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean or Florida Georgia Line would have the highest ranking country song, you would be wrong.
- 15 songs have one-word titles, two have acronyms for titles and two songs have the “F” word in the title.
Sound fascinating? We think so…check out The 100 Top Songs of the Decade (So Far) and let us know what you think.