If you listen to The Weekly Alternative Countdown, you know I scour the interwebs in search of nuggets of information. It may look like nothing at first but by the time I’m done with it, it’ll be a fine piece of pyrite.
Take for example this interview with Canadian/New York duo, Bob Moses. As I said on the countdown, it isn’t the questions or the answers that make this interview, it’s the couch.
Forbes has always represented intelligence/luxury to me. I guess because they always tout an intellectual quote for 5-4-3 seconds before displaying the page you are looking for and they always count up the highest paid people in the world… so I guess that’s why the background stuck out more than the interview itself.
These were the thoughts that went thru my mind:
- Would that be a couch from your mom’s basement or a frat house?
- I guess it could be expensive… but doesn’t that one guy looks like he’s sinking? Giving the illusion it’s worn down…are they in an RV?
- 4 men squished together, sinking into a couch while trying to give a pro interview.
- Make that 3 men squished, Tom Howie seems to be quite comfortable, completely unaware how tight the other guys are.
- Is it a couch?? it might be a loveseat.
Thank you to Brian Hernandez, Bob Moses and Forbes. I certainly don’t mean any disrespect. In fact out of all the boring interviews I watch, this was probably the most entertaining one I’ve seen in awhile. I hope you go next level in 2017 by doing all of your interviews on a single lawn chair.