Slacker is the most complete music service on Earth. And with tens of millions of listeners, we’re growing fast. We are growing so fast that we are constantly looking for talented people to join our team. Right now, we are on the hunt for an experienced android developer.
Are you an Android development guru who is passionate about music? Get ready to meet your dream job!
Slacker delivers free and subscription-based access to millions of songs and hundreds of expert-programmed stations, plus news, sports and talk, on the web, mobile devices, in-car infotainment systems and consumer electronics platforms. By blending a team of expert music curators and content programmers with cutting-edge analytics, Slacker delivers a seamless music discovery experience and uniquely personalized entertainment. Try Slacker at: www.slacker.com.
We are looking to hire an experienced Android developer in our mobile applications group in sunny San Diego. Join our growing team of engineers as we continue to maintain and improve our world class service and applications.
· Working in an Agile environment
· Collaborating with product managers, designers, business development teams, and web service engineers — get ready for company-wide visibility
· Working on killer new apps and features
· Maintaining our Android application
· Slacking – wait, is that a word? OK, maybe “working hard and playing hard”
You’ve got to have:
· 5+ years of Java development experience
· 2+ years of professional Android development experience – show us what you’ve done!
· Experience integrating third party SDK¹s
· Heavy UI development experience (animation, swiping, scrolling, etc.)
· Experience developing applications that talk to web services
· Strong communication and organization skills
· A passion for music. You’ll be listening to a lot of it!
We won’t object if you also have:
· Experience with media players, playback, and audio
· Intimate knowledge of networking and the mobile connectivity stack
· Mobile application development experience on other platforms and ecosystems (iOS, J2ME)
· Knowledge of embedding advertising and ad networks
Click here to email us your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!